MANAGER OF THE BOILER CHILLER PLANT (Administrator I)- UPDATED
Posting Number: VA1222
Under general supervision, the Manager of the Boiler Chiller Plant serves as a member of the AVP of Facilities and Capital Projects leadership team, sharing responsibilities for the day-to-day operations within the FMS department. The incumbent is responsible for the planning and management of the boiler chiller plant and utility engineering programs at California State University, Chico. This position is responsible for the supervision of engineering personnel in a full range of utility engineering work including the HVAC, boiler, control systems monitoring, energy management, and project design support to minor and major capital projects on campus. In conjunction with the Director of Facility Operations and the AVP of Facilities and Capital Projects, the incumbent oversees the operating budget and project time schedules for the Engineering Services unit. Responsible for planning, organizing and directing space and staffing requirements for the boiler chiller plant and all HVAC related equipment, projects and day-to-day operations. The incumbent is responsible for managing the utility budget and review/recommendation of projects for energy savings.
For a full description of job duties, please visit: https://csuchico.box.com/v/VA1222-Position-Description
Must have a Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
Three (3) years of progressively responsible supervisory experience managing personnel in trades maintenance.
- The person holding this position is considered a Limited Mandated Reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 (revised July 21, 2017) as a condition of employment.
- California State University, Chico, in accordance with CSU policy, requires that the successful candidate complete a background check (including a criminal records check) prior to assuming this position. Failure to satisfactorily complete or pass the background check may impact the job offer or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for posted positions identified as sensitive.) This position is considered a sensitive position based on CSU guidelines.
- The duties of this position will include participation in a decision that may have a material/financial benefit to the incumbent. Therefore, this is a designated position under the California State Universitys Conflict of Interest Code and the incumbent will be required to file a Form 700: Statement of Economic Interest and is subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission. Designated Group & Category: (Facilities Management and Services Director I Supervisor / Project Manager 2 as well as Procurement Card Holder)
- This position is a Higher Education Employer-Employee Relations Act (HEERA) designated managerial position and comes under the Management Personnel Plan (MPP) of the California State University. Individuals appointed to management positions serve at the pleasure of the President or designee. They are excluded from the collective bargaining process, are not subject to probationary service, and do not receive tenure or permanent status. This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the
Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
- Incumbent will be required to operate a forklift (become certified and maintain certification) and drive a university vehicle; therefore, selected candidate will be required to have a valid California Drivers license which must be maintained throughout employment. Successful completion and continued compliance of CSU Defensive Driving Course is also required throughout employment.
Incumbent/applicant will need to be able to perform the essential job functions (duties) of this position with or without reasonable accommodation. Incumbent works primarily in an office environment at a computer and may be required to frequently sit, move or stand for office functions. Requirements may include the need to sit or work at a computer terminal for long periods of time on projects. Position requires ability to walk/travel across campus to other offices or builds on and off the main campus. There are instances where overnight and/or weekend travel may be required.
Work is primarily performed in, on and around campus facilities including offices, labs, classrooms, etc. Includes both internal (offices, classrooms, labs, warehouses, workshops, etc.) and external (grounds areas, roofs, yards, etc.) building environments. Note: Will require on-site work during all seasons. Hard hat, safety vest, eye protection and steel toed shoes required during on-site management. Uneven ground, noisy, hazardous materials, works in groups or in isolation, flexible hours, ladder climbing. Incumbent must be able to move about on a construction site, outdoors without heating or cooling capabilities. Must be able to ascend and descent stairs, ladders, and unprotected surfaces in order to check on a building situation during construction.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: CLICK TO APPLY
California State University, Chico employs only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. California State University, Chico is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Americans with Disabilities Act employer. An annual security report disclosing crime statistics for California State University, Chico can be obtained by contacting the California State University Police Department (530) 898-5555 or by accessing the following web site: http://www.csuchico.edu/up/
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency