Working Title Head Volleyball Coach
Eastern Washington University is currently seeking a Head Volleyball Coach for our women's program. This position is housed in the athletic department and will report to the Director of Athletics or sport supervisor. It is the responsibility of the Head Coach to design, organize, implement, facilitate, oversee and evaluate all facets of a Big Sky, NCAA Division I Volleyball program. This includes the educational, monitoring and supervisory components as well as working within a shared facility. Will direct, develop and manage all aspects of the Volleyball program including but not limited to: recruiting, talent evaluation, conducting training and development of student athletes within the team concept, scheduling, budget management, supervision of assistant coaches and facilitating academic monitoring. This position will work closely with equipment staff, sports medicine staff, classified staff, Assistant Athletic Director for Student Success and Assistant Athletic Director for Compliance. Will also work collaboratively with relevant constituent groups. This position will serve in an advisory role to the Athletic Director and/or sport supervisor in evaluating all aspects of the Volleyball program and to provide insight regarding possible improvements.
This position will be focused on the continued success of the Volleyball program in relation to conference finish, academic awards, team athletic recognition, coach recognition and graduation rates. It is the responsibility of the Head Coach to study and know all policies and procedures integral to university, Big Sky and NCAA rules compliance.
On top of salary, the EWU offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, life and disability insurance and retirement. In addition, EWU offers generous vacation and sick leave accruals, 10 paid holidays per year and fringe benefits, such as tuition waiver for employees, discounted EWU sports tickets and free transportation through STA buses.
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.
About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to Eastern's Cheney campus, we also offer our Riverpoint campus in Spokane, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
Conditions of Employment
Travel is required a minimum of twenty-five (25) nights per year for team competition and/or recruiting. Working nights and weekends will be required as well.
Applicants must know that rules compliance is an important responsibility of this position. Employee shall support and comply with all applicable rules and regulations of the NCAA, the Big Sky Conference, and other established bodies that govern intercollegiate athletics and the University. In the event the Employee becomes aware, or has reasonable cause to believe, that violations of rules compliance may have taken place, Employee shall report same promptly to the Athletic Director, Athletic Compliance , or his/her designee.
If you would like to obtain a copy of the Essential Functions Analysis form, which describes the physical and mental demands of the position, please contact Vara Lyn Conrath at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- A minimum of five (5) recent years of successful work experience coaching in a NCAA, NAIA or Junior College collegiate Volleyball program
- Must be able to obtain First Aid/CPR/AED certification within the first 90 days of employment
- Experience and knowledge of all applicable rules and regulations of the NCAA, Big Sky Conference, and other established bodies that govern intercollegiate athletics and University
- Pass the NCAA Coaches Certification Test for off-campus recruiting within 30 days of employment and annually thereafter
- Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency, universal accessibility and/or diversity.
- Master's degree in a related field.
- Three (3) or more recent years of successful work experience head coaching in a collegiate NCAA, NAIA or Junior College Women's Volleyball Program.
- Experience as a full-time coach at the NCAA Division I level.
- Experience recruiting volleyball at the NCAA Division I level as a full-time coach.
- Club coaching and/or directing experience, in addition to other listed qualifications.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency