Department Assistant II (Nursing/Allied Health)
Kern Community College District
Position Number: 02436
Posting Date: 07/10/2018
Initial Screening Date: 07/24/2018
Open Until Filled: No
Position Type: Classified
Work Week: 40 hours per week, 12 month position
Minimum Salary: $2,679.17 per month
Maximum Salary: $3,785.60 per month
Our competitive benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; life insurance and dependent life coverage; long-term disability insurance, and an employee assistance program (EAP).
In addition, employees have the option to purchase:
- Flex 125
- AFLAC Policy
- Supplemental voluntary life insurance
- 403b Tax Shelter Annuity
All coverages begin on the first day of the month following the hire date. Employees are covered under the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS) and are vested 100% after five years of full time service.
College/Site: Bakersfield College
Location: BC-Main Campus
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, provide a variety of clerical services to College administrators, faculty and staff; provide information to the faculty, staff, students and public; provide staff assistance to departments.
Education and Experience:
Any combination equivalent to: graduation from high school AND two years of responsible clerical experience.
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an evaluation service.
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Modern office procedures, methods and computer equipment.
- Word processing methods, techniques and programs.
- Correct English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Principles and practices of record-keeping.
- Learn, interpret and apply the policies and procedures of the District.
- Perform general clerical work including maintenance of appropriate records and compiling information for reports.
- Work courteously with students and the general public on the telephone or in person.
- Assist in budget preparation, monitoring and administration.
- Perform simple mathematical calculations.
- Operate a variety of office machines including a computer and applicable software.
- Understand and follow oral and written direction.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
Salary Grade: 35.0
Special Instructions to Applicants:
First Review of Applications:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; but those received by 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time) on July 24, 2018 are assured consideration. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
Completed Online Application for Employment form
Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
Copy of legible transcripts, if applicable
List of six (6) professional references Listed on application form
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
Recruitment Status (tentative):
Application Screening: TBD
Additional openings that become available prior to the end of the hiring process may also be filled from the qualified applicants.
The District does not provide sponsorship for authorization to work in the United States. Work authorization should be established at the time of application submission.
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/10305. Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency