Cosmetology Clerk (Cosmetology) (Part-Time) - Riverside City College
Interested candidates must apply by the deadline listed below by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
Support Staff (Classified / Confidential)
Physical location of the position:
If Part-Time, indicate the number of hours per week
$20.99 - $25.56/per hour
Is this position categorically (grant) funded?
Under the supervision of the area Vice President, performs cosmetology, including issuing supplies, performing clerical duties pertaining to the maintenance and record keeping of inventories.
Graduation from high school or GED equivalent is required.
Cosmetology salon management or Cosmetology school experience, including purchasing of supplies and equipment is required.
State Board of Cosmetology (California) procedures.
Keyboard at an acceptable rate of speed; generate electronic reports, work with cosmetology personnel in lab as prescribed by the State Board of Cosmetology; organize and plan the workload; establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
A valid State of California Cosmetology license, or eligible to obtain license within one year of hire, is required.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Candidate must demonstrate clear evidence of sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, staff, and the community.
Co-workers, patrons, and students.
Normal salon environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Prepares organizes, distributes instructional supplies in coordinated classroom instruction.
2. Prepares, organizes, distributes instructional equipment for classroom instruction according to state mandated guidelines.
3. Prepares and maintains inventory of equipment and supplies as outlined in department policy and state mandates.
4. Organizes stockroom for efficiency in storage and distribution of instructional supplies.
5. Monitors and makes recommendation to director and staff on supplies and equipment.
6. Prepares requisitions for instructional supplies and equipment.
7. Verifies purchase orders accuracy and corresponds discrepancies with vendors.
8. Researches and negotiates commercial agreements with instructional supply vendors.
9. Maintains and generates electronic inventory reports, budget and financial reports of instructional supplies upon request of director and staff.
10. Monitors necessary maintenance and repair of equipment.
11. Copies and scans various reports, texts and files.
12. Performs routine clerical duties and data entry when necessary.
13. Adheres to departmental rules and regulations.
14. Participates in District-provided in-service training programs.
15. Maintains a friendly, supportive atmosphere for students, staff, faculty, and the public.
16. Performs other duties, related to the position, as assigned.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
SALARY: Salary grades consist of nine steps. A new employee is normally placed on Step 1 of the grade. Changes in step placement take place on the first day of the first month following the anniversary date of attaining permanent classified employee status until the maximum of the grade is reached.
HOLIDAYS: There are 13 holidays observed each year. A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months.
VACATION: Employees are granted 12 days of vacation per year through the first five years of service to the District; 15 days after completion of five continuous years of service to the District; 20 days after completion of ten continuous years of service to the District; and 22 days after completion of 15 continuous years of service to the District. This computation is based on full-time, twelve-month employment. A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months.
SICK LEAVE: One day of sick leave for each month of service is granted. This is based on full-time, twelve-month employment. A pro-rata reduction will be made for employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months. There is no limit to the number of days of sick leave which may be accrued.
FRINGE BENEFITS: The District provides a health and welfare benefit package for employees and legal qualifying dependents. Those employees working less than full-time and less than twelve months will receive a pro-rata share of the benefit package. The dollar value of the package is a subject of negotiation between the District and the Bargaining Unit.
The work location and assignment within a job classification is determined by the District and may be subject to change.
All offers of employment will be contingent upon the availability of funds and approval by the Board of Trustees.
The Riverside Community College District complies with all federal and state rules and regulations and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law. This holds true for all District employment opportunities. Inquiries regarding compliance and/or grievance procedures may be directed to the District's Title IX Officer/Section 504/ADA Coordinator. Harassment of any employee/student with regard to ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law, is strictly prohibited. The Title IX Officer, Section 504/ADA Coordinator for the District is Ms. Lorraine Jones, 3801 Market Street, Riverside, CA 92501. Telephone Number is: (951) 222-8039.
Work Hours/Work Days for Classified and Hourly Positions Only:
Wednesday/Thursday/Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Required Applicant Documents:
Resume or Curriculum Vitae
Optional Applicant Documents:
Letter of Recommendation 1
Letter of Recommendation 2
Letter of Recommendation 3
Effective Employment Date:
Anticipated start date: September 2019
*It is anticipated that interviews will occur sometime during the 2nd or 3rd week of September.
Please note: The selection process typically concludes within four to six weeks from the closing date. There are, however, exceptions to this general guideline. Status updates will be made throughout the process. Please refer to your account for any updates to the status of your application.
* Only electronic, on-line applications are accepted. All supporting materials, required or optional, must also be in electronic formats and attached to the electronic, on-line application when applying. Supporting materials are only accepted as Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) or Microsoft Word files and must be less than 2 MB in size.
* An application will not be considered complete unless all Required Documents are electronically attached to the application by the Application Deadline date. An incomplete file may subject the candidate to disqualification.
* Paper applications and supporting materials WILL NOT be accepted!
* Letters of reference must be non-confidential and submitted electronically when applying on-line.
* Interested candidates must apply by the deadline listed above by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
* The Riverside Community College District does not require testing at the initial application filing period. As you progress through the selection process, you may be required to perform a job-related test based on the needs of the work area for which you are being considered.
* The District will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicant should contact Diversity and Human Resources at (951) 222-8595 for assistance.
Application Types Accepted:
To Apply, visit:
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency