California State University, Dominguez Hills, was established in 1960 and is one of the 23 campuses that comprise The California State University system. CSU Dominguez Hills is an urban, comprehensive public university that serves a culturally rich, diverse student body of over 12,500 students at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Located on a 346-acre site in the South Bay portion of the greater Los Angeles metropolitan area, CSU Dominguez Hills has a highly pluralistic student body, which includes a significant number of non-traditional, working adult students as well as approximately 2,000 students enrolled in distance learning programs statewide. The University, with its five Academic Colleges, has more than 300 full-time faculty members and is situated in an area characterized by an extraordinary heterogeneity of people, and an extensive array of high technology industries and professional services.
Conditions of Employment:
Possession of a valid Driver's License is required. Employees in this position will be enrolled in the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) Government Employer Pull Notice Program which confirms possession of a valid driver's license and reflects driving record.
The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Due to the nature of this position, the successful candidate is required to complete a background check prior to assuming this position.
This is a full-time, permanent (probationary) position.
Special Working Conditions: Some travel may be required.
Department: Human Resources Management
Human Resources Management is committed to providing high quality, measurable and significant customer service to our constituents. Timely and accurate information that will help enhance employee morale will be available as needed and as requested. Department Staff will work cooperatively with all members of the University Community to achieve these objectives.
Major Job Duties:
Under the general direction of the Classification and Compensation Manager, the incumbent will assist in the review of position descriptions and ensure content, format, and verbiage meet classification standards and formatting guidelines. The analyst will perform compensation data analytics for the University and track and coordinate classification and compensation projects.
- Thorough knowledge of appropriate laws, regulations and policies regulating compensation and employment practices.
- Strong knowledge of general HR practices.
- Thorough knowledge of Excel formulas, graphs, charts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Skill in the collection, evaluation, and interpretation of data to develop sound conclusions and make appropriate recommendations.
- Ability to work with and interpret collective bargaining agreements.
- Ability to understand and apply CSU classification standards.
- Ability to make decisions in situations where there is not a clear solution.
- Ability to understand problems from a broad, interactive perspective.
- Ability to handle multiple work priorities, organize and plan work and projects.
- Ability to effectively present ideas and concepts in written or presentation format and use consultative facilitation skills to gain consensus.
- Ability to assess, formulate, and evaluate the impact of recommended or implemented policies from a strategic and operational perspective.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply a variety of federal, state, CSU, and CSUDH policies and procedures.
Certification: Valid driver's license
Experience and Education:
Required Education: Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training.
Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree, CCP, or PHR certification.
Required Experience: Minimum 2 years of analytical experience involving compensation studies, analysis, and/or evaluation.
Preferred Experience: Experience in compensation conducting salary surveys, market analysis, job leveling and developing job description. Understanding CSU classification standards is preferred. Experience working in a union environment.
Salary Range: The salary range for this classification is: $3,897 - $6,453 monthly.
How to apply: You can only apply by completing an electronic application at the campus job web site at Click Here. Click on "view job opportunities" under "New and returning applicants." View the list of jobs and click on the one with the job title listed above. The application deadline is: Tuesday, September 5, 2017
CSU Dominguez Hills is an Equal Opportunity /ADA Employer.
California State University, Dominguez Hills
Human Resources Management
1000 E. Victoria St.
Carson, CA 90747
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency