Associate Director of Emergency Management
Job Identification: 15914
What We Are Looking For
The Associate Director of Emergency Management is a member of the leadership team of the Baylor University Department of Public Safety (BUDPS). The Associate Director of Emergency Management, in coordination with the Director of Emergency Management, is responsible for providing leadership on the development, implementation, and assessment of Baylor University's comprehensive emergency management program. The Associate Director serves as acting director and senior advisor when the Director of Emergency Management is not available.
A Bachelor's degree in Emergency Management, Public Health, Disaster Management or other related field, three years of relevant experience and an active Christian Faith is required. A Master's degree and five years of experience is preferred. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
What You Will Do
- Develop, implement, and assess comprehensive University-wide policies, procedures and practices relating to emergency management.
- Administer the University's emergency communication systems. This includes routine testing of emergency text and email alerts, outdoor warning system (sirens), coordination with University stakeholders including Marketing and Communications, Technical and Physical Security, Baylor University Police Department, Facilities Management, Information Technology Services, and others as needed.
- Assist building owners/stakeholders in the development and maintenance of their emergency related plans (e.g., emergency action plans, severe weather protocols, active violence training, etc.).
- Develop, implement, and conduct emergency management programs for the University community including education, exercises, and outreach as pertaining to emergency management related programs. Manage the University's Building Emergency Coordinator (BEC) program including recruitment, training, information sharing, and active engagement throughout the year.
- Serve as a liaison community first responder and related agencies and organizations such as the Waco Fire Department, Waco/McLennan County Office of Emergency Management, local EMS service provider, Waco-McLennan County Public Health District, Texas Division of Emergency Management, and National Weather Service to facilitate pre-incident planning to University activities (including but not limited to Baylor Athletics and special events) and incidents.
- Review student and academic/administrative units' event requests, assist with special event planning and coordinate campus and external resources in support of campus events as needed. Serve as a facilitator during activations of the BUDPS Command Post/University's Emergency Operations Center for special events, support of Baylor Athletics, and coordinate/participate in post-event evaluation/after action reviews.
- Monitor institutional compliance efforts regarding local, state, and federal emergency management standards, requirements, and industry best practices. Maintain data and websites related to emergency management.
- Perform all other duties as assigned to support Baylor's mission.
- Ability to comply with University policies.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
About Baylor University Department of Public Safety
The Baylor University Department of Public Safety serves as an umbrella department for the Baylor University Police Department, emergency management, global safety and security, technical security and parking and transportation. BUDPS is set on providing students, faculty and alumni with excellent security and safety through instant notification systems, extensive surveillance cameras and highly trained staff.
What You Can Expect
As part of the Baylor family, eligible employees receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, generous time off, tuition remission, and outstanding automatic retirement contributions. Baylor has a comprehensive benefits plan that supports you and your family's wellbeing and allows you to be a part of the life of a vibrant and active college campus. To learn more, go to Baylor Benefits & Advantages.
Explore & Engage
Learn more about Baylor and our strategic vision, Illuminate. Also, explore our great hometown of Waco and the many opportunities to engage locally. If you are new to Central Texas, This is Waco!
Baylor University is a private not-for-profit university affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, Baylor is committed to compliance with all applicable anti-discrimination laws, including those regarding age, race, color, sex, national origin, military service, genetic information, and disability. Baylors commitment to equal opportunity and respect of others does not undermine the validity and effect of the constitutional and statutory protections for its religious liberty, including, without limitation, the religious organization exemption under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the religious exemption to Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and the Free Exercise Clause of the First Amendment to the United States Constitution, among others. Baylor encourages women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. EEO/M/F/Vets/Disabled
To apply, visit https://ejof.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/BaylorCareers/job/15914
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency