Posting Number: VA1116
Position available for one year from date of hire with the possibility of renewal.
Under direct supervision, the Custodian provides a wide range of cleaning and custodial care of an assigned area. Assignments may change depending on operational needs, but can include buildings, facilities, structures and adjacent areas and/or portions thereof; including, but not limited to, campus offices, classrooms, science laboratories, art rooms, auditoriums, gymnasiums, locker rooms, health and child care centers, patios, entryways and walkways, and workshops. Custodians may work independently or as part of a team.
Facilities Management and Services (FMS) is a large, multifaceted department consisting of approximately 150 employees working various shifts and providing diverse administrative and operational services campus wide.
The Essential Functions and Responsibilities listed in this position description are typical work activities and the general range of work functions performed by Custodians, they are not an all-inclusive or restrictive list of custodial-related work. Facilities Management and Services maintains, operates, and protects the University facilities and environs to provide an atmosphere that is conducive to learning, safe and healthy for the University community, and attractive for University visitors while preserving the University's physical heritage for future generations. We also support appropriate University and student-sponsored events.
For a full description of job duties, please visit: https://csuchico.box.com/v/VA1116-Position-Description
Any combination of training, experience, and/or education sufficient to demonstrate the required skills and abilities listed above.Special Requirements:
- The person holding this position is considered a Limited Mandated Reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 (revised July 21, 2017) as a condition of employment.
- California State University, Chico, in accordance with CSU policy, requires that the successful candidate complete a background check (including a criminal records check/and or fingerprinting) prior to assuming this position. Failure to satisfactorily complete or pass the background check may impact the job offer or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for posted positions identified as sensitive. This position is considered a sensitive position based on CSU guidelines.
- California law requires that individuals who have unescorted or logical access to computer systems, terminals, or stored criminal record information, be subject to fingerprint-based criminal records check every five (5) years. In addition, this position is required to complete CJI training and an Employee Statement every two (2) years.
- Throughout employment in this position incumbent must maintain a valid California Drivers License as well continued completion and compliance of the CSU Defensive Drivers Training course.
- The selected candidate must pass a post-offer pre-employment physical examination.
Incumbent/applicant will need to be able to perform these essential job functions (duties) of this position with or without reasonable accommodation. Incumbent will perform physical work consistent with cleaning for extended periods, both inside and outside. In order to complete assignments, the incumbent will regularly lift, move, stretch, reach, kneel, squat, climb ladders and stairs, strip and wax floors. May be required to lift up to 50 lbs. Must be able to safely lift up to 50 lbs. Must be able to travel across campus to other buildings and areas on campus.
This position performs work campus-wide, working in all buildings and all areas of campus. Some duties are performed outdoors and locations may include even and uneven walking surfaces, exposure to weather such as summer heat, humidity or precipitation for several hours each day. Will be required to work with cleaning chemicals, and in dirty and dusty conditions. There may be exposure to contaminated material such as exposure to disease-bearing specimens, body fluids, wastes and blood-borne pathogens. Employees working with hazardous materials shall receive hazardous material training, which includes emergency information, spill response procedures, hazard communication, and storage, handling and labeling procedures.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: CLICK TO APPLY
California State University, Chico employs only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. California State University, Chico is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Americans with Disabilities Act employer. An annual security report disclosing crime statistics for California State University, Chico can be obtained by contacting the California State University Police Department (530) 898-5555 or by accessing the following web site: http://www.csuchico.edu/up/
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency